Archive for ice fishing Fox Lake
also the Ice Shanty Contest
There are 3 categories of the Ice Shanty Contest:
The winner of each category will receive $100. Winners will be announced at Headquarters on Sunday, February 14th prior to the Auction (approximately 2:30 pm).
1. Registration will open at 7:00 am on Saturday morning February 13th at the Announcer’s trailer at Headquarters on Channel Lake.
2. All entries must be registered by 11:00 am on Saturday.
3. All entries must be homemade.
4. Your entry number must be displayed on the outside of your shanty.
5. Judging will begin at noon on Saturday, February 13th and will continue through the afternoon.
Everyone is always talking about the ice being too thin.
Are you ever worried that the ice on Fox Lake may be too thick?
Get one of these babies and you will never have to worry about that any more! If it looks a little heavy, don’t worry because you could drive a Semi on ice as thick as the one in the movie below.
Check out more fun fishing stories on the Fox Lake Fishing Forums
Hanover, New Hampshire
SAFETY ON FLOATING ICE SHEETS
There are four things to focus on when planning an outing on the ice: your physical condition, your clothing, your equipment, and your procedures.Physical condition
Anyone who goes out on the ice should be in reasonably good condition and be able to sustain periods of intense exertion if an emergency arises—either falling through the ice themselves or rescuing someone who does. Being able to swim, or at least being comfortable staying afloat, is important in an emergency and can reduce the chances for panic.